The Department of Life Sciences at IAMR Group of Institutions offers unique opportunities to the students to become skilled & creative Biotechnologists.
Master of Science in Biotechnology can be regarded as an interdisciplinary program that involves a combined study of techniques and theories of biochemistry, biology and biomedicine. Since Biotechnology is all about the use of biological and biochemical processes for producing new compounds, this course strives to impart skills related to synthetic biology and molecular cell biology, so that the students are able to understand the cores of biotechnology.
This program aims
- To provide sufficient hands-on learning experience related to the area of specialization with a focus on research orientation.
- To apply the principles of molecular biology methods with emphasis on the application of recombinant DNA technology to animals, plants and microbial organisms.
- To manipulate living organisms and biological systems to produce products that advance healthcare, medicine, agriculture, food, pharmaceuticals and environmental control.
- Ability to independently carry out research and development work to solve the practical problems
Biotechnology has rapidly emerged as an area of having marked impact on almost all domains of human welfare ranging of following fields-
- Plant science
- Food processing
- Protecting environment
- Drugs and Medicines
- Drinks industry
- Genetic Research Labs
- Forensic Science Lab
- paper industry
- Food Processing and Preservation Industries
- Dairy Technologies
- Biochemical Industry
- Bio fuels
- Beverages Industry
- Agricultural research etc.
EligibilityCandidate must have passed B.Sc. examination from a recognized university in Agriculture / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Zoology/Botany/Chemistry as compulsory subjects with minimum of 60% marks aggregate.
- Mark sheet of X, XII and Graduation
- Passing certificate of X, XII and Graduation
- Migration Certificate (if graduation from other than CCS university)
- 4 recent passport size photographs.
- Gap year certificate (in case gap after class XII).
- Caste certificate
- Income Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Aadhaar Card