Biotechnology uses living cells to develop or manipulate products for specific purposes, such as genetically modified foods. Today, the five branches into which modern biotechnology is divided — human, environmental, industrial, animal and plant — help us fight hunger and disease, produce more safely, cleanly and efficiently, reduce our ecological footprint and save energy. The Department of Life Sciences at IAMR Group of Institutions offers unique opportunities to the students to become skilled & creative Biotechnologists.
Biotechnology plays a huge role in our everyday lives — from the clothes we wear to how we wash them, the food we eat to how we source them, the medicine we take to treat our bodies, and even the fuel we use to move our vehicles. Hence,the need for more graduates with a bachelor of biotechnology degree.
The program has been designed to bridge the gap between industry requirements and the growing demand for skilled manpower in Life science sector. Hands-on training in practical techniques, which are being, used commonly like culture methods, biochemical techniques etc. are provided. Students will examine a range of practical applications as:
- They will be engaged and interested in what they are learning.
- They have the opportunity to work at their own pace and investigate the things they are interested in.
Biotechnology is a dynamic field with diverse applications across sectors. It is an Industry for the Future. A Biotechnologist may find jobs in the following fields:
- Drug and pharmaceutical research
- Public funded laboratories
- Environment control
- Waste management
- Food processing
- Bio-processing industries
- Agriculture industry
EligibilityCandidate must have passed intermediate / (10+2) from a recognized Board/University in PCM/B with minimum of 50% marks aggregate.
- Mark sheet of X and XII
- Passing certificate of X and XII
- Migration Certificate (in case of CBSE, ICSE boards, other then UP Board) or TC (for UP Board students).
- 4 recent passport size photographs.
- Gap year certificate (in case gap after class XII).
- Caste certificate
- Income Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Aadhaar Card