Institution’s Innovation Council
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established MHRD Innovation Cell (MIC) to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years. MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campuses.
Major focus of IICs
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework.
- Establish functional ecosystem for scouting ideas and pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
Functions of IICs
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with involvement of industries.
- IAMR Students & Faculty associated with IICs will have exclusive opportunity to participate in various Innovation related initiatives and competitions organized by MHRD