Life Science -
Dr. Divya Sharma
Ph.D. (Biotechnology), M.Sc. (Biotechnology), B.Sc. (Biotechnology)
Academic: 03 yr. | Research: 04
Areas of Interest:
Industrial Biotechnology i.e Expertise in Protein upstream and downstream processing, Experience of handling of enzymes, their activity analysis and characterization, Solid State and Submerged Fermentation, Zymography, Isolation of desired microbe using cost effective approaches, Isolation of pure culture by Spread plate, Streaking, Pour plate, Serial dilution methods, Enrichment and production of xylanase-pectinase producing microbes, Qualitative and quantitative assay of xylanase-pectinase enzymes, Industrial applications of xylanase-pectinase in juice extraction and clarification, in paper and pulp industry for bleaching, Immobilization of enzyme, Micro/Ultra-filtration, Protein estimation.
Research publications in International Journal:
• Sharma D., Sharma G., Mahajan R., (2018) Development of strategy for simultaneous enhanced production of alkaline xylanase-pectinase enzymes by a bacterial isolate in short submerged fermentation cycle. Enzyme and microbial technology. Impact factor – 3.553
• Sharma D, Agrawal S, Yadav RD, Mahajan R., (2017) Improved efficacy of ultrafiltered xylanase–pectinase concoction in biobleaching of plywood waste soda pulp. 3 Biotech 7:2. Impact factor – 1.786
• Varghese LM, Agrawal S, Sharma D, Mandhan RP, Mahajan R., (2017) Cost-effective screening and isolation of xylano-cellulolytic positive microbes from termite gut and termitarium. 3 Biotech 7:108. Impact factor – 1.786
• Sharma D., Mahajan R., (2018) Development of methodology for concurrent maximum production of alkaline xylanase-pectinase enzymes in short submerged fermentation cycle. Waste and biomass valorization. Impact factor – 2.358
• Sharma D., Singh A., Varghese LM., Mahajan R., (2018) Fast flow rate processes for purification of alkaline xylanase isoforms from Bacillus pumilus AJK and their biochemical characterization for industrial application purposes. Biotechnology progress. Accepted. Impact factor – 2.406
Paper/Poster presented in National Conferences:
• “Application of ultrafiltered xylanase-pectinase concoction in reduction of environmental pollution generated from plywood waste soda pulp” at national conference on “Challenges in Sustainable management of natural resources” organized by Department of Zoology, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra and sponsored by UGC-SAP on March 24-25, 2017.
• “Applications of enzymes in juice extraction and clarification” at national conference on “Swarna Jayanti National Conference on Biodiversity and Sustainable Utilization of Plant Resources” organized by Department of Botany, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, sponsored by University Grants Commission, New Delhi and Directorate of Higher Education, Haryana on February 17-18, 2017.
• National conference on “Swarna Jayanti National Conference on Biodiversity and Sustainable Utilization of Plant Resources” organized by Department of Botany, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, sponsored by University Grants Commission, New Delhi and Directorate of Higher Education, Haryana on 17-18 February 2017.
• National conference on “Challenges in Sustainable Management of Natural Resources” organized by Department of Zoology, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra sponsored by UGC-SAP on 24-25 March 2017.
• National conference on “Relevance of Swami Vivekananda in the 21 st Century” organized by S.D. (PG) College, Panipat, sponsored by Higher Education Department, Haryana on 26-27 March 2014.
Poster/Oral Presentation in International Conferences:
• “Reduction in environmental pollution using enzymatic approaches in textile and paper industries” at second international conference on “Innovations in Chemical, Biological and Environmental Science” organized by Department of Chemistry, Arya P.G College, Panipat, Haryana.
• “Zymographic investigation of purified enzymes utilizing crude substrates extracted from agrowastes” at international conference on “Microbiology and Applied Microbiology” organized by Department of Life Sciences, IAMR College, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
• Two days’ workshop on “Opportunities and Challenges for Women in STEM” organized by Women Faculty of Science, Life Sciences, Engineering and Technology Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra on 24-25 January 2018.
• One day workshop on “IP awareness programme on national IPR policy 2016” conducted by IP office, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra in collaboration with ASSOCHAM on 11 January 2018.
• Ranked 1 s t in Ph.D. entrance test at Kurukshetra University and University scholarship recipient for four years (2014-2018).
• Acted as student judge in Rostrum-2017-Annual Public Speaking Competition Round-I held in Department of Biotechnology, Kurukshetra university Kurukshetra, on 08 November 2017.
• Assisted in the conduct of workshop for hands on training on “Anti-microbial compounds and various techniques for determination of their efficacy” organized by Department of Biotechnology and Zoology, K.V. A.D.A.V. college for women, Karnal on 13 October 2017.
• Participated as a member of organizing committee in “International Conference on Biotechnology and Applied Microbiology (ICBAM) – 2020” organized by Department of Biotechnology in association with Department of Microbiology, IAMR, Duhai, Ghaziabad on 7- 8th February, 2020.
• Fast flow rate Chromatographic techniques such as TLC, Hydrophobic interaction chromatography, Ion exchange, Gel filtration.
• DNA and RNA isolation
• Electrophoresis (Agarose, Native- PAGE and SDS-PAGE)
• Protein estimation
• Solid State and Submerged Fermentation
• Isolation of desired microbe using cost effective approaches
• Pure culture techniques- Spread plate, Streaking, Pour plate, Serial dilution.
• Enrichment and production of xylanase-pectinase producing microbes
• Immobilization and re-immobilization of xylanase-pectinase enzymes
• UV/VIS spectroscopy
• Centrifugation techniques
• RSM (Response Surface Methodology)
• Plant genomic DNA extraction.
• Qualitative & Quantitative estimation of DNA.
• Basics of DNA markers (RAPD), SSR & STS.
• DNA cloning.
• Biochemical analysis related to wheat quality.
• Gluten estimation.
• Rheological & Baking test